江帆网

I asked nothing


I asked nothingonly stood at the edge of the wood behind the tree.

我一无所求,只站在林边树后。

Languor was still upon the eyes of the dawnand the dew in the air.

倦意还逗留在黎明的眼上,露润在空气里。

The lazy smell of the damp grass hung in the thin mist above the earth.

湿草的懒味悬垂在地面的薄雾中。

Under the banyan tree you were milking the cow with your handstender and fresh as butter.

在榕树下你用乳油般柔嫩的手挤着牛奶。

And I was standing still.

我沉静地站立着。

I did not come near you.

我没有走近你。

The sky woke with the sound of the gong at the temple.

天空和庙里的锣声一同醒起。

The dust was raised in the road from the hoofs of the driven cattle.

街尘在驱走的牛蹄下飞扬。

With the gurgling pitchers at their hipswomen came from the river.

把汩汩发响的水瓶搂在腰上,女人们从河边走来。

Your bracelets were jinglingand foam brimming over the jar.

你的钏镯丁当,乳沫溢出罐沿。

The morning wore on and I did not come near you.

晨光渐逝而我没有步近你。